It's early in the morning here at my desk looking out at the gorgeous spring day that's unfolding. I love this time of the day, when it's just me and my store quietly connecting as I drink my warm coffee and give gratitude to how lucky I am to have my flagship store here in The Rocks!
What makes this area so special to me is firstly it's history. This is Sydney's historical precinct, an area that was first settled in 1788 and at every turn its history envelopes you. Down winding lane-ways, criss-crossing cobble stones, there's a real sense of wonder and nostalgia in the air.
The Rocks is definitely a vibrant area that intersects a bygone era with art, indigenous culture, music, theatre, fine dining, markets and bespoke clothing and jewelry stores. There's also a thriving pub scene ( well thriving since 1828 lol ), for that cheeky 3pm drink we all need some times too!
So many things to discover and all within the backdrop of Sydney icons like the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Sydney harbor foreshore ( so pretty much a dream location to work from! ).
I get so much inspiration for my designs here. Not just from the environment, but also from the thriving community of like minded individuals who call this area "a home away from home".
My top tips to see and do at The Rocks!
- Obviously come and visit our Daisy. Kids + Life store!
- Definitely check out Eloisa Panetta's beautiful store with exquisite silk garments.
- The Rocks markets every Saturday and Sunday
- The Fortune of War pub. It's the oldest pub in Sydney.
- The MCA gallery for latest Australian and international artist.
- I love my coffee and the best tasting is at Aslan Cafe 25 Nurses Walk, The Rocks
- Nothing taste better with coffee than a french pastry! I love strolling up to La Renaissance Patisserie and Cafe at 47 Argyle St, The Rocks and grabbing a yummy treat!
- When I need some alignment there's no better place than seeing Maria at The Crystal Gallery 14/16 Nurses Walk, The Rocks.
- Did someone say cocktails? I adore this little hidden gem of a whisky bar The Doss House 77/79 George St, The Rocks ( open from 5pm )